Adult Circumcision for Phimosis in Miami

Dear Dr. Reed,  Have phimosis.  Will this be cured with a circumcision?  I am 32 years old and have had difficulty retracting my foreskin for several years.  Sometmes I swab with a Q-tip[ but it’s a nuisance.

Dear Roger,

Yes, a properly performed circumcsiion will be a one step-solution.  You may think of phimosis as a tight ring on the end of your foreskin, but the scarred area extends back a lot further toward the rim or corona.  All of that has to be excised as well lest a contraction ring (paraphimosis) like a tourniquet.will produce distal and unsafe swelling of your shaft.  See Figure 14/1-3

Please look at photographic examples on our web-site  click on photographic examples.
Having done over 8000 circumcisions since the Reed Centre – Miami opened its doors, anticipate you’ll be shown every courtesy and skillful care.


Harold M. Reed, M.D. FICS
Senior Member of the American Urological Association
Member Society of Genito-Urinary Reconstructive Surgeons
Founding Member and Treasurer of American Academy of Phalloplasty Surgeons
Founding Member Sexual Society of North America
International Society for Sexual Medicine

1111 Kane Concourse  Suite # 311
Bay Harbor Islands, FL 33154-2041

Leave a reply